Learn to speak and behave assertively, understanding why people behave the way they do and managing your responses in tough interpersonal situations.
This workshop is truly the art of respectful communication. It provides you information, tools, and practice time to help you speak and behave assertively.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who can answer YES to any of the following questions and wants to do something about it:
- Do you find it difficult to speak up?
- Are you tired of backing down?
- Are you confrontational?
- Are you known for your sarcasm?
- Do you feel powerless when someone is sarcastic toward you?
- Are you too blunt?
- Do you blow up easily?
- Are you tired of the conflict?
- Are you tired of not getting your needs met?
- Do you wonder why your employees or colleagues don’t tell you what you need to know?
Participants Will Learn
- The differences between assertive, aggressive, passive, and passive aggressive behaviors
- Why people behave the way they do
- How to use four assertive communication tools to help you manage your responses when you’re in a tough interpersonal situation.
Workshop Duration & Format
- Instructor presentation and practice.
- The duration of this workshop can be adapted to suit the needs of your organization. It can be presented in formats from two to four hours.
- One hour workshops or “Lunch and Learns” include one topic + practice time